Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Craft Room Redo



Only the heart knows how to find what is precious.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

How can you create and be inspire if your craft room is cluttered and gloomy and the furniture is the wrong color.  Last year, when I put together my craft area I had to settle for black because that was the color that the tabletop came in. 


I saw so many dream spaces I loved on Pinterest and they were all white.  So I needed to make some changes.  I had to make some tough decisions in the process because most of the shelves were new downstairs.  My heart was calling out to me.

It took me months to become brave enough to follow my heart and to tell my husband that I wanted to make the change.  I read this sentence in Sarah Ban Breathnach’s book Simple Abundance, and it gave me the courage.  “Many of us have played it safe for too long and wonder why we are miserable.  Playing it safe is the riskiest choice we can ever make.”

I did not want to be miserable in my own space, in the very space that I was creating for myself.  So I knew I had to move forward and follow my dreams and make the change.  I wanted to create a surrounding that inspired me to create as well as gave me pleasure as I worked. 

I painted the TV cabinet and purchased two cabinets from Ikea for the TV area and purchased new cube shelves from Target for my craft table.



I painted the desktop white. 
My sons Andy and Mike helped me put the new book shelves together. 

My husband hung up my To Do board.
 I now have a space that brings me joy!  I am just beginning to create a home that reflects ME....the REAL ME!
" As you learn to trust the wisdom of your heart and make creative choices based on what you know is right for you," Sarah Ban Breathnach. 


I linked up this post to ABFOL

No comments: