Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 15 The Joys of Organized Memories


“Joy is not in things, it is in us.”
Richard Wagner


Last week as I was searching for pictures of my parents for their 50 wedding anniversary video I went into my basket of memories.  You would not believe what I found, a lot of dust, spiders and disorganization. 

This week on my priority list I put organizing my memory basket.  I decided to group my letters and pictures together by people.  I made a bag of things from my father, my sister, my husband, and my four children. 

I put everything in Ziploc bags to keep dust and bugs out.  As I went through everything in the basket I only kept things that where still meaningful to me, cards that the children made, cards with handwritten notes from family members, or pictures my children made for me.  I saved a few photos, however most of the photos I took downstairs and put in the photo file.   I enjoyed reading the old notes and letters that the children wrote years ago.  

No comments: