Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book Review


Book Review
Inspired You
Letting God Breath Life Into Your Heart and Home
By:  Miss Mustard Seed
Marian Parsons
source
What a beautiful book!  I absolutely loved this book.  I wish I could redecorate my whole house to look like her home.  I cannot believe that she did  all of the work herself and found most of the pieces at thrift shops or antique shops.    I love her French Country style.  She has some wonderful advice throughout the book:  make timeless choices, know your stapes and your home makes a statement about you.”
Source
“There is always something you can do to improve your space.”
This is something I try to do all the time.  I try to improve something each day in my life, in my home and in my classroom.   I love this amazing cabinet I would love something like this in my own home.
However.....
Imagining how you can use what you already have to entirely transform your space…”
Another important lesson I need to work on.  I have so much stuff and I need to think about how to repurpose it instead of buying new stuff.   Maybe I could repurpose my existing china cabinets to look like this......do you think my wood loving husband would let me?

source
“God has given you talents for a reason…….putting your gifts to good use will bring so much joy to your life.”
I just love this quote.  It is so true if you spend your time doing the things you love and using the gifts you are given you will have so much JOY in your life. 
I love how she integrates fashion with function.  What a great way to have style in the room and still have the things available for the children.  

When you shop for things for your house, “shop smart and wait for the perfect piece at the perfect price. “    Only buy things you LOVE!
This is a lesson I need to learn.
source
HOSPITALIITY
Welcome people to your house often……make sure “they feel welcomed, loved, and at home, Simple, heartfelt, hospitality.”
Love is at the heart of hospitality.
This part of the book really spoke to me.  I have so many friends and family that I rely on each day.  I need to do more to show them how thankful I am for them.   What I like about this part of the book it is not just about decorating or creating the perfect space it is about showing your gratitude to the people around you.  
source
Finding Contentment
1.       Be Thankful for everything in your life
2.     Serve….volunteer where you feel comfortable.
3.     Give Generously…”sharing what you have with others is a great way to combat selfishness.”
source 
All of this is great advice in one book!   I just love this book!  It is worth rereading as much as possible.   The book is just as much about creating a home with love and care as it is about decorating on a budget.  
 The photos are beautiful. 
Miss Mustard Seed is also a blog if you would like to read more!
I highly recommend this book.