Mitten Strings for God
Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry
By: Katrina Kenison
This was a wonderful book for my sacred time.
I am looking for a way to relax and reflect at the end of a long day and this book was perfect.
This book was a joy to read.
I looked forward to reading it each night.
There were so many important things I wanted to remember from this book.
The most important points I took away from this book I can apply at home and at work.
1. Create a Haven of Serenity in your Home and Heart
This is something I am constantly struggling with, trying to find quiet time to reflect. I am trying to find a quiet – clean space to relax, a place where I can center my self and regroup.
“Knowing peace at home we can bring peace into the world.”
Let your home be a place where your family can come home from a long day and be at peace and they can enjoy the quiet. Be very conscious of the “words, images, and sounds you allow into your life----“
We control the clutter in our lives, we control how complicated our lives will be---Choose Simplicity!
2. Be A Thoughtful Teacher
· slow down
· Alter your rhythm daily in order to make time for each child in your care
· Have fun
· Take care of the Invisible
· Before you listen to a problem—have both children take 10 breaths—kneel down at eye level—listen—and sort it out.
· Deep Breaths
· When I comfort a child with love and care, I teach him/her compassion
“If you keep your life simple and your surroundings simple
It will be easier to keep your balance”