Sunday, May 12, 2013

Book Review -- Mitten Strings for God


Book Review
Mitten Strings for God
Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry
By:  Katrina Kenison

This was a wonderful book for my sacred time.  
I am looking for a way to relax and reflect at the end of a long day and this book was perfect. 

This book was a joy to read.  
I looked forward to reading it each night.  
There were so many important things I wanted to remember from this book. 

The most important points I took away from this book I can apply at home and at work.
 
google image
1.           Create a Haven of Serenity in your Home and Heart

This is something I am constantly struggling with, trying to find quiet time to reflect.  I am trying to find a quiet – clean space to relax, a place where I can center my self and regroup. 
“Knowing peace at home we can bring peace into the world.”
Let your home be a place where your family can come home from a long day and be at peace and they can enjoy the quiet.  Be very conscious of the “words, images, and sounds you allow into your life----“

We control the clutter in our lives, we control how complicated our lives will be---Choose Simplicity!
 
google image
2.         Be A Thoughtful Teacher
·      slow down
·      Alter your rhythm daily in order to make time for each child in your care
·      Have fun
·      Take care of the Invisible
·      Before you listen to a problemhave both children take 10 breathskneel down at eye levellistenand sort it out.
·      Deep Breaths
·      When I comfort a child with love and care, I teach him/her compassion
google image 
“If you keep your life simple and your surroundings simple
It will be easier to keep your balance”
So True!

No comments: