Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Gifts 9 -- Cards for the Homeless

Today at work we were asked to make cards for the homeless.  My first thought was……..are you kidding me!   I have so much going on today.  We are learning about frogs, telling time, adjectives AND it is our play today.  I just don’t know if I have time.  However I took a deep breath………sat back in my teacher chair and thought…….how can I make this work into a positive lesson.  I scanned through my religion book and found Saint Brigid from Ireland who helped the poor.  I was able to tie in the lesson from the religion book to making cards for the homeless.  I encouraged my students make rainbows and shamrocks.  

My gift today was being flexible and putting others first.  I could have just said I don’t have time, however I thought it was important to teach my students that they must always do something for the poor.  

No comments: