Sunday, February 18, 2018

Grandma's Playroom


There is no doubt that my grandchildren have taken over the family room.  It helps that I have several books and toys left over from my years of teaching kindergarten.  The train table pretty much takes up much of the room, however it is a huge hit with the kids.  My grand-daughter loves it the most.  The boys can almost reach it.  I put swim noodles on the legs for the little boys because of the rough edges.  Underneath the table is the jingle-ribbon tunnel.  The little boys love it.  They spend a lot of time shaking the bells and it was so easy to make.  I just used scrap ribbon and shipping tape.  I did purchase a bag of large bells to tie on the ribbon. 


 It took me awhile but I cut my children's book collection in half and saved only my favorites to share with the grandchildren.  It is so hard to decide what you want to save, there are so many amazing children's books.  As you can see I still have a bit of simplifying to do yet.  

My hope for my grandchildren is that they grow up to love reading or at least have fond memories of reading with grandma and grandpa.  

No comments: