Sunday, June 16, 2019

Bookshops and Libraries Seattle


The Secret Garden Bookstore was one of our first stops on our trip to Seattle.  The store was very cute and had a large range of books to choose from. My little buddy found one of his favorite toys there too.  






I found another cute bookstore on my visit to Seattle, Queen Anne Book Company.   It was in an adorable neighborhood and I loved the location. You could pick out a few books and then stop in a bakery.  There was a cute sitting area outside that I wish I had time to sit and read at. I found two books and some fun note paper.  



On our final day in Seattle we stopped at the Seattle Central Library.  It is an 11 story glass building. I was a bit disappointed in the children's’ library area but the views throughout the rest of the library made up for that.   
You can say my husband was less than thrilled to stop at the library, however he did get a cup of hot coffee out of the deal so that made him happy.  There is an amazing gift store, The Friendshop, on the main floor of the library.  Wow! It if filled with all kinds of book related items.  I did buy A Very Hungry Caterpillar blanket to snuggle my little buddies up with when they come over to read and rock with me.   

I loved this display so much I took a picture of it.  I am going to copy that letter idea for a project at my school library this fall.  I wish I would have purchased the rainbow bookends but I thought I would be able to find them online and ship them to my house and not worry about bringing them home on the plane.  I was wrong!


No comments: