Monday, July 6, 2020

Book Review: Before the Crown





Thank you to NetGalley and One More Chapter, Harper Collins for providing me with the ebook Before the Crown by Flora Harding. 

When I saw this book on NetGalley I was super excited because I love reading books about the British Royal Family both fiction or nonfiction.  Before the Crown is a fictional interpretation of the courtship of Philip and Elizabeth.  Although I have watched the Netflix series The Crown which starts at the marriage of Philip and Elizabeth this book starts way back when they were first introduced.   I didn’t realize Philip was much older than Elizabeth.  Anyways the story is told from alternating perspectives and I found it interesting to hear their individual takes on similar events.  In the story Elizabeth is so young and unsure of herself and men. However she knows she will be queen someday and she will have a huge responsibility.   

I really enjoyed reading how the author explored what the characters (Philip and Elizabeth) might have felt during their courtship.  

If you enjoy reading about the royal family or just like a sweet romance story this is a great read for you.   Of course it leaves you smiling at the end of the book with a happy ever after ending. (I don’t think I spoiled anything there.)

No comments: