Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Easter

I don't know about you but my family seems to have a traditional dinner every year.  Everyone is responsible to bring the same dish all the time.  If you try to vary from the menu you will hear complaints from the children, if you can call 21, 22, 23, 26 year olds.......children and my brother and sister and their teenage children. 

My responsibility:  Southern Style Potatoes 

Ingredients
1 small onion
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 lb. of sour cream (I use low fat sour cream)
1 stick of melted butter
8 oz.  of shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
2 packages of Southern Style Hash Brown (Thawed)
Crushed Potato Chips

Directions
1.  Mix onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, melted butter, cheese, salt and pepper, and hash browns all together in a very large bowl. (TIP:  I use the largest tupperware bowl I owe.)

2.  Spray 9 x13 pan with Pam....or line pan with alum.foil.

3.  Spread potato mix in the pan.

4.  Sprinkle crush potato chips on top.

***You can make this the night before and refrigerate at this point.****

5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Watch for the cheese and the potatoes to bubble. 

No comments: