Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Family Dinner


It is the second one this summer and it is not going so well.......this week only Mike was home for dinner.  Oh...and my granddog, Lucky.

Despite the poor turn out we had a great dinner.   Two summers ago we went to visit my sister in law in Albuquerque, New Mexico, while we were there she served us this chicken.  We absolutely loved it.  She sent us home with the recipe.  



Chicken Bruschetta

My husband grills the chicken on the grill.....while he does that I mix the bruschetta.   I cut up the grape tomatoes real small, cut up four leaves from my basil plant.  Add some mozzarella cheese and some sun-dried tomato dressing.  Mix together.....My husband adds it to the top toward the end of the grilling process.


Red Potatoes

I cut up 1 1/2 potatoes per person.   Then I put them in a large bowl.
Melt 1/4 stick of butter
Add seasoning salt
Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.


Smores Bars
New Recipe of the Week
I found it at:  Chef In Training

I thought they were really good  :) 
The boys said they were ok.

I tried to take a picture of my granddog.....but no luck.... and my son would not cooperate either.



No comments: