Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mint Cupcakes

My husband requested something mint/chocolate for his birthday this year.
google image

So of course I went through Pinterest and found all kinds of Mint desserts to make.

I decided to make the Andes Mint Cupcake, because his mom and dad always give him a box of Andes candy for Christmas each year.



It was not that much work......for someone who makes as many mistakes as I do in the baking process.
I had to buy a cake decorating kit for the frosting and peppermint extract, buttermilk and heavy cream for the first time.  The rest of the ingredients I was already familiar with.......

Family Thoughts:
My family liked the cupcakes..........but I think the boys didn't care for the cream cheese frosting.  Next time I will leave the cream cheese out and just make it a buttercream frosting.

No comments: