|Girl Scout Lemonade Cookies Picture from Google|
I love potato soup from Panera! No surprise there! Yesterday, after a hard day at work, I stopped at Target and picked up a container of my favorite soup. I went home, warmed it up and sat down and enjoyed it with a g-free roll. (like that mattered when the soup is not g-free.)
Ok, I couldn't resist the lemonade girl scout cookies I ordered too. (In my defense, I ordered these before I decided to go g-free.)
Now I am paying the price! I have had an upset tummy all day. I know you do not need details, but I will say that I have learned a BIG LESSON today. G-free means G-free! G-free does not mean when you feel like it or except for lemonade girl scout cookies.
So I have to spend more time on the internet doing more research finding more recipes!
I found this copycat recipe on google. I think I will give it a try over the weekend, however I will have to use a gluten free flour.
This is from the Welker Blog
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter, then slowly add the remaining ingredients until mixture sticks together when pressed into a ball.
- Roll the dough approximately 1/4 thick.
- Cut out with a small cookie cutter.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with a sprinkling of lemon zest and sparkling sugar. Enjoy!