Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

Gluten Free Means Gluten Free

Girl Scout Lemonade Cookies Picture from Google

I love potato soup from Panera!  No surprise there!  Yesterday, after a hard day at work,  I stopped at Target and picked up a container of my favorite soup.  I went home, warmed it up and sat down and enjoyed it with a g-free roll. (like that mattered when the soup is not g-free.)

Ok, I couldn't resist the lemonade girl scout cookies I ordered too.  (In my defense, I ordered these before I decided to go g-free.)  

Now I am paying the price!  I have had an upset tummy all day.  I know you do not need details, but I will say that I have learned a BIG LESSON today.  G-free means G-free!    G-free does not mean when you feel like it or except for lemonade girl scout cookies. 

So I have to spend more time on the internet doing more research finding more recipes!
I found this copycat recipe on google.  I think I will give it a try over the weekend, however I will have to use a gluten free flour. 

This is from the Welker Blog

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • zest of 1 lemon (optional)

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. In a stand mixer, cream the butter, then slowly add the remaining ingredients until mixture sticks together when pressed into a ball.
  3. Roll the dough approximately 1/4 thick.
  4. Cut out with a small cookie cutter.
  5. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with a sprinkling of lemon zest and sparkling sugar. Enjoy!


No comments: