Thursday, May 17, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

How beautiful a day can be
 When 
kindness touches it!
~
George Elliston

I had a great bike ride today.  There was not much wind and the sun was shining. I saw these beautiful flowers all along the bike path.   I was moving along a good pace, no body aches and then I heard this loud pop sound.  It was really loud!  I could hear it over my i-pod.  You guessed it, a flat tire!

Oh, well I thought.  This is my second flat tire this week.  I'll call my husband and start walking.  I figure it would take him at least 45 minutes to an hour to get to me from work.  Thank goodness it was after 5:00.

But then a Random Act of Kindness came my way......another biker stopped and offered to help.  He asked me if I had supplies to fix my tire.

No....I only had my i-phone and carmex!

OK...he went into his bag and gave me his own extra tire tube and replaced my tire tube for me.  It took him 20 minutes.  He even showed me how to change the tire in case it happens again.  Now I don't think I could do it by myself....but it was at least a start.

I made it home by 5:40 and had dinner started by the time by husband came home......

Today I am thankful for the kindness of a stranger who was nice enough to help me with a flat tire.

No comments: