Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 6 Jewelry Organizer


Wow, I made it five whole days on this challenge before I missed a posted.  In my defense I have been working on this project all week. Tweaking, re-tweaking, you would think it was the size of my whole bedroom, but atlas, it is just the size of a picture frame.  What am I talking about…..a jewelry organizer!


I was inspired by I Heart Organizing to copy create a place to hang my earrings.  I generally keep them in this drawer piled high.

I went to Michaels and found the perfect frame.  I went to Lowes and found the metal.  Yeah,  spray painting was involved!  Hot glue the metal inside the frame and project done!
I went through my earrings sorted out the ones that I no longer wear or were tarnished. 

Looks boring!
And my necklaces are all tangled on the shoe shelf I hate.  
 Thinking…..thinking….thinking…changing….
Adding some corkboard to the back of the metal, adding some clear push pins, adding some red check ribbons because I love red check ribbon.
Ok …. Looks better….
Sorted through my necklaces and tossed the tarnished ones and those that are out of style.

I like this better.  Now my earrings and necklaces have a new home. 
I even took my wedding ring in to get fixed after three years of sitting in the drawer.

Quote of the day:
It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Don’t be afraid to get rid of what you do not use only keep what you love and what you wear.  

No comments: