Sunday, December 2, 2012

Snowman Jar


“Happiness is celebrating the little things.”
This is the inspiration from inside my piece of Dove candy today.

Today I was celebrating a little success.  My class made this adorable gift for our field student.  It turned out so cute.  I am thinking of making one for myself.

It took us two days to make the snowman jar.  The first day my friend, who is the aide in my classroom, had the children put their fingerprints on the jar with glass paint. You can find the paint at Michaels.

We let the paint dry over night.

The next day I had the children come up one at a time and draw the snowman details on the jar with a sharpie. 

I wrote their names for them.  We filled the jar with candy hugs and kisses.  The children all signed a card.  We made our own Christmas cards in class.