Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Thousand Gifts


One Thousand Gifts 
Book Review

I don’t think this really counts as a book review because I didn’t actually finish the book.  I have decided today that I am no longer going to read this book.  I am just not into reading it.  I don’t seem to be getting anything from the book.  I realize that I am suppose to be grateful for things……and I do have a lot to be grateful for:  my wonderful husband, my four wonderful children, my parents, my friends, my nice warm home, my faith, a job, wonderful children to teach each day,  lots of nice possessions, and my laptop. 

However, I am not getting anything else from the book.  I am not learning any new insights.  I read and read and nothing.  I know there is supposed to be something there however I just don’t see it.  I am not connecting to the book for whatever reason at this point in my life. :(

So I am setting the book down and maybe I will try again someday.  

1 comment:

Carly said...

I felt exactly the same way about this book. I wanted to like it and had heard such good things about it, but it just didn't work for me.