Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Taco Seasoning


The last couple times I purchased a packet of premade taco seasoning at the store I really paid for it.  My stomach hurt for days.   So I did a little searching online and found a taco seasoning that says “Gluten Free” however it does not taste Gluten Free at all.  I found it at About.com.  I did modify it a bit.  I took out the cumin because that does not always agree with me.    I double the recipe and keep it in a jar.  You only add 2 T of the mixture to 3/4-cup water and a pound of cooked and crumbled ground beef.  I do strain the grease off the meat before I add the seasoning.  . 

Taco Seasoning

2 T onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 T chili powder
1 1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper
1 tsp  oregano leaves
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
 1 tsp sugar

Place in jar and shake up.  Makes about 6 T of mixture which is about 3 servings.  Store in a cool, dry place.
Click Here for A Copy :)

Enjoy,
Sue

No comments: