Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mission Organize Clean and Organize My Life -- Day 12 Tax Papers


“Live your life and forget your age.”
Frank Bering


For the most part I live my life and I don’t think about my age, after all there is nothing you can do about.  So I go about my little life doing the little things that make me happy and trying to improve my house and myself each day. 

This project was one of those things that just hit you in the face and reminds you how old you really are.  My husband (God bless his soul) is very particular when it comes to our financial records.  He prefers I don’t handle any of it, that way I won’t mess it up. 



So as I was cleaning up the basement I found a box of financial papers, just stacked up in a box.  I decided that maybe I could gain some shelf space if I put these in an old file cabinet.  So as I carefully took them out of the box I realized these records go back before we were married.

 

I asked my husband if it is necessary to save all these and he said it was not.  However he wants to anyways.    OK, not worth a fight.  I will just organize the files.  I can live with organized files.   I had to use a lot of file folders.   When I completed the project and found all our tax records from three different places, the files took up a drawer and a half. 



An organized space brings a smile to my face :)

No comments: