Monday, October 21, 2013

Mission Clean and Organize my Life -- Day 13 My Lesson Planning Desk


Love it the way it is.
Thaddeus Golas

In my ideal world, every space in my house has a purpose.  Right now I have stuff everywhere because I just can not figure out the best way to condense and organize.  Maybe it is the first grade teacher in me, but I like to set things up in stations.  I have several workspaces for the different activities I enjoy.  One of my messiest areas in my lesson-planning desk, it is the space where I plan my weekly lessons.  I rarely work at it because it is so messy.  However today I straighten the desk and put a lot of resources in a crate.



I have been teaching for 20 years and I have collected a lot of teacher resources.  I have weeded through them several times and I only have the ones I refer to the most.  OK, now that I look at the three shelves I may need to go through them again.


In an old TV cabinet I organized more resources.  Paper copies I print from the Internet that I want to use in the future I put in the green basket by the month.  The brown basket contains the little picture books I put together for the children throughout of the year.  The bottom shelf is all the teacher manuals for first grade. 

The benefit of all this organizing is that I was able to get some of the clutter off the family room shelves. 


i love how organized it all looks.

No comments: