Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Change Number Four


This week my little habit change will be simple:  Add a vegetable to my lunch. 

I am a bit fussy when it comes to veggies however I am going to make this work.  My favorites are:  cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and spinach.   So I am going to search out what I can do with those.  Wednesdays are going to be salad days. 

Hopefully this simple little change will help improve my health.


I am on Easter Vacation this week so I have had a few minutes to read with breakfast.  I found on my iphone a book I started but never finished:  The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. 


Today I read a really good idea to incorporate into my daily journal; it was something Ms. Brown picked up from a friend during a Twelve Step Meeting.    I may find this a neat idea because I am a first grade teacher and I spend a lot of time teaching vowels.

A  = Have I been Abstinent today? (Pick something to give up each day!)
E  = Have I exercised today?
I   = What have I done for myself today?
O  = What have I done for others today?
U  = Am I holding on to unexpressed emotions today?
Y  = Yeah!  What is something good that’s happened today?

I am going to give it a try this week and see if it will help me focus.  I really like the idea of giving something up each day. (I'm thinking sugar, wheat, after school snacks...Starbucks.)   Give up a little sacrifice each day that I can turn into a blessing.  
source





No comments: