Saturday, November 1, 2014

Empty Nest

google image


It is official today.  My hubby and I are empty nesters.  The last of our four children has moved out.  I am not sure what this means for us we have a four bedroom house for just the two of us now.  Right now the house is a complete disaster.  We let the kids take a lot of furniture with them and now we are left we a lot of empty dirty rooms. 

Expect for the first months of our marriage when we purchased our first house we have not really been along without children.  We had our first son right away.  So that has been 29 out of the 30 years we have been together that we mainly focused on the kids.  Now it’s just the two of us. 

I know many people might be thinking of you can concentrate on your cute grandbaby.  Oh…forget that.  She doesn’t like me.  Every time she sees me she cries.  I may have to wait for her to grow a little bit older and hopefully she will grow out of it.  I don’t understand babies usually love me, just not my grandbaby. 

Anyways here’s to the next phase of my life.


No comments: