Sunday, December 28, 2014

Book Review: Your Beautiful Life



I don't remember exactly how I came about this book but I am glad I did.   You can get the book for free if you sign up for emails at Karen's blog, A House Full of Sunshine.   I wish I would have read this when I was a young mother.  It made a lot of sense to me as a mother and a teacher.  It tied both my worlds together.   Karen cleverly entitled each chapter so it spelled out Beauty.  

Be Yourself
Focus on yourself and don't worry about comparing yourself to others.  Look at your own passions, gifts and abilities and build upon your own strengths.  

Environment
Create a purposeful home one that reflects our own values and meets our needs.  Don't worry about what other think and long as your family is happy. 

Action
Create daily routines for yourself.  Just like at school.  Positive routines lead to good habits.  Make lists of what needs to be done and work on them slowly.   Planning is key to successful changes.
Make a Daily/Weekly Schedule for Yourself and stick to it.

Upcycle Your Live
Make a list of how you can create/bring more beauty to each room in your house and try to do your best with the things your already have.

Thankful
"Give thanks in the little moments, because together they add up to a thankful life."    So True!  I need to appreciate the little moments in life and not worry so much about work!

Yielded
Creating a Beautiful Life means
  • bringing beauty to others
  • teaching others
  • helping others
  • welcoming guests
  • showing God's love through my actions and words.

No comments: