Thursday, June 9, 2016

Better Than Before Book Review

I enjoyed this book by Gretchen.  It was perfect for me right now in my life because I am thinking through what changes do I need to make in order to get myself healthy.  Gretchen left me with a lot of notes to contemplate.   

Gretchen's Habits Manifesto:
*What we do everyday matters more than what we do once in a while.
*Focus on actions not outcomes.
*Make sure the things you do to feel better don't make you feel worse.
*People who self regulate themselves are happier and healthier.
*Habits make change possible by freeing us from decision making and from using self-control.

I love the Habits Manifesto.  I hate to admit this but my philosophy since my cancer ordeal is I start to eat healthy once I feel better or once the school year is over.  I need to focus daily and make choices daily to make myself feel good.  

Foundation Habits:
1.  Sleep
2.  Exercise
3.  Eat and Drink Healthy
4.  Unclutter

Foundation Habits tend to reinforce each other and sometimes make profound change possible.

The first thing I want to work on this summer is building my own Foundation Habits.  I am going to start with Gretchen's foundation habits they are the key to what I need to do in my life.    

THE WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT IS TO CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS.

The quote above is something that is so true to me.  I am working on trying to change my eating habits.  I will be working on small changes each week this summer.  

How we schedule our days is how we spend our lives.  Small steps lead to Big Steps.  
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUST ONE BITE!

Divide your day into four parts.  
Everything Counts!
If you blow one quarter of your day....get right back on track....
Fail small....Not BIG!

People pay for what they do, and still more for what they have ALLOWED themselves to become

No comments: