Friday, June 24, 2016

The Fringe Hours


"You will never find time for anything.  If you want time, you must make it."  
Charles Bixton

I read The Fringe Hours this past Spring on vacation.  I didn't plan on reading the whole book during vacation however my husband was not feeling well so I had some extra free time.  Unfortunately my life has been incredible crazy the past several months I haven't been able to apply many of the ideas from the book.  However it did make me re-evaluate my how I live my daily life and what is important to me.  After much thought and discussion I decided to work part-time next year. 




Balance

  • Just because something is good doesn't mean it is good for you.
This statement hit home with me.  I struggle daily with food and what I want to eat and what I should eat don't always line up.  
  • Sometimes too many good things can be TOO much.
  • Make room in your schedule to BREATHE...you need to make room for you.

I am taking this year to BREATHE and make room for what I need to do for making me healthy and happy.  I have been saying for years I need to make myself and my health a priority and this year taking a huge step back and doing so.  I am super scared how this will all play out but I need to do something different to make the changes I want to make.  

  • If what you do doesn't matter to you, it's really not going to matter to anyone else.
I have learned over the past several years that I matter to me and my family matters to me and although my students matter to me my number one priority has to me my health, spiritual awareness and my family and after that is all extra blessing.  It should not be my number one priority.  

Finding Balance


  • Extend GRACE to others and YOURSELF ....offer kindness.
I can still teach and work with children without having to be the lead teacher.  But stepping out of that role will free me up to work on the list below....
  • Take care of your HEALTH and BODY
  • Give and Receive LOVE
  • PRAY
  • Express Gratitude
  • Make time for your Passions

"Don't go through life, GROW through life."  Eric Butterworth


The Fringe Hours Manifesto

  1.   Make Time for Yourself
  2.   There is no room for guilt and comparison. 
  3.   You must take care of yourself  MIND/BODY/SOUL
  4.   Pursue your PASSIONS
  5.   Spend 5 minutes doing something you love instead of wasting time.  
  6.   Get/Ask for help when needed.
  7.   Community Matters!
  8.   Give Thanks!
  9.   Choose Joy!
  10.   Life may not be perfect, but it is BEAUTIFUL.    


I thought I would take a moment to refresh and update my goals/purpose statements I wrote a couple years ago.

My essential purpose:

To find balance in my life between the things that I love most:  My family, Creating/Organizing, Sacred Time, and Teaching and still take the time to focus on healthy living and exercise so that I am enjoying each day feeling that I put forth the best version of myself that day.

My Goals:
        
1.     Healthy Living/Exercise is top priority of my daily routine.
2.    Daily Maintain a clean and organized house.
3.     Focus on 3 small tasks a day. 
4.    Reshape Sundays so that it is Family time and Sacred Time. 

My Life Guidelines

1.     Be The Best Version Of Yourself
2.     Reprogram Yourself to be Healthy
·      Drink Lots of Clean Pure Water
·      Go To Bed Early so you have time to Read-Think-Reflect
·      Eat Natural Grown Healthy Foods (Walk Away from Process)
·      Exercise Daily
·      Take Vitamins
3.    Focus on one thing at a time.
4.    Always be polite/fair/and kind to the people around you.  Fill the world with smiles!
5.    Spend a few minutes each day on a creative project. 
6.    Self Control and Discipline is a gift to you.  Make a decision and then commit to it. 
7. Simplify, Simplify, Simplify. Simplicity is the way to clarity. 

**All graphics in this post were found on Pinterest.

No comments: