"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it."
I read The Fringe Hours this past Spring on vacation. I didn't plan on reading the whole book during vacation however my husband was not feeling well so I had some extra free time. Unfortunately my life has been incredible crazy the past several months I haven't been able to apply many of the ideas from the book. However it did make me re-evaluate my how I live my daily life and what is important to me. After much thought and discussion I decided to work part-time next year.
- Just because something is good doesn't mean it is good for you.
- Sometimes too many good things can be TOO much.
- Make room in your schedule to BREATHE...you need to make room for you.
I am taking this year to BREATHE and make room for what I need to do for making me healthy and happy. I have been saying for years I need to make myself and my health a priority and this year taking a huge step back and doing so. I am super scared how this will all play out but I need to do something different to make the changes I want to make.
- If what you do doesn't matter to you, it's really not going to matter to anyone else.
- Extend GRACE to others and YOURSELF ....offer kindness.
- Take care of your HEALTH and BODY
- Give and Receive LOVE
- Express Gratitude
- Make time for your Passions
"Don't go through life, GROW through life." Eric Butterworth
The Fringe Hours Manifesto
- Make Time for Yourself
- There is no room for guilt and comparison.
- You must take care of yourself MIND/BODY/SOUL
- Pursue your PASSIONS
- Spend 5 minutes doing something you love instead of wasting time.
- Get/Ask for help when needed.
- Community Matters!
- Give Thanks!
- Choose Joy!
- Life may not be perfect, but it is BEAUTIFUL.
I thought I would take a moment to refresh and update my goals/purpose statements I wrote a couple years ago.
My essential purpose:
To find balance in my life between the things that I love most: My family, Creating/Organizing, Sacred Time, and Teaching and still take the time to focus on healthy living and exercise so that I am enjoying each day feeling that I put forth the best version of myself that day.
1. Healthy Living/Exercise is top priority of my daily routine.
2. Daily Maintain a clean and organized house.
3. Focus on 3 small tasks a day.
4. Reshape Sundays so that it is Family time and Sacred Time.
My Life Guidelines
1. Be The Best Version Of Yourself
2. Reprogram Yourself to be Healthy
· Drink Lots of Clean Pure Water
· Go To Bed Early so you have time to Read-Think-Reflect
· Eat Natural Grown Healthy Foods (Walk Away from Process)
· Exercise Daily
· Take Vitamins
3. Focus on one thing at a time.
4. Always be polite/fair/and kind to the people around you. Fill the world with smiles!
5. Spend a few minutes each day on a creative project.
6. Self Control and Discipline is a gift to you. Make a decision and then commit to it.
7. Simplify, Simplify, Simplify…. Simplicity is the way to clarity.