Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Book Review: The Miracle Morning

source
Recently I read the book, Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod.  It was a recommended book in Gretchen Rubin's book Better Than Before.  Hal's book was about how his life circumstances brought him to the point of creating time for himself in the morning to read, reflect and exercise.  Of course this idea appealed to me because I have been struggling with getting my own morning routine together.    


You begin by accepting TOTAL responsibility for every aspect of your life.
Hal reminded me that only I can take charge and make the changes I need to in my life. If I want to wake up early than I have to set the alarm and wake up.  I can't expect my husband to wake me up that is not his responsibility.   
You have the power to change and create anything in your life.  

Leave the past in the past and START NOW!
I need to set my goals and commit to them no matter what other people are doing.  Other people are not committed to my goals just I am.  



1.  Dedicate time each day to becoming the person you want to be.

2. Commit to thinking and living different than most people

3.  You build discipline and Discipline create a Lifestyle

4.  Make a decision as to what you are going to start doing differently from this day forward!

5.  You life will not improve in you do not invest time in your self improvement!
These are all good points that Hal makes, I need to be dedicated to my goals and commit myself.  I need to work daily to build my discipline it does not happen over night.  

Set Up a Morning Routine and STICK TO IT---No EXCUSES!
  • Silence and Prayer
  • Affirmations (What/Why/How?)
  • Vision Board
  • Exercise Daily
  • Read Daily  
  • Journal Daily (gratitude/results/commitments/creating)

I have taking the morning routine very seriously.  I have set up two new things to help me in this area.  I created a vision collage on my desk to help me focus on my priorities.  

Secondly I created an affirmation book to begin my day by reading what I call my Four Pillars of Life, then my goals, finally quotes to inspire and encourage be to do my best. 



"You can learn more in an hour of silence that you can in a year from books."  Matthew Kelly

Identify the habits you believe will have the most significant impact on your life and who you want to be and focus on them for 30 days.....then re-evaluate habits.  Are they working for you or should  pick a new focus???

I am also starting to take one afternoon as a retreat day to re-evaluate my goals and efforts.  I hope this time will help me relax and refresh myself each month towards my goals.  


No comments: