Friday, July 15, 2016

Vacation in Las Vegas

I am very late writing about our vacation to Las Vegas, however I just never had the opportunity to organize the pictures and write about our vacation. We went to Las Vegas for Spring Break to get away for warmer weather. 

We left on March 28th and flew on Southwest Airlines.  It was my first time on Southwest and I experienced their line up procedure. It was a crazy.  I think it is so much easier to assign seats, but that is my opinion.  

When we arrived in Las Vegas it was extremely windy so our landing was very bumpy.  The woman next to me got sick.  I offered her some kleenex and another sick bag. I did my best to hold it together.  
The pilot had to abort the landing and attempt another landing from another direction.  

 My first impressions of Las Vegas were LOUD-CLUTTERED-OVERCROWED! Just to much!  This is not like our other vacations were we get away to rest and relax. Once we checked into our hotel room at the Paris Resort we both had to rest and regroup a bit after that landing.  

The Paris Resort is amazing.  All the french decorations, tons of Eiffel tower decorations, I was overwhelmed.  (Paris is my favorite city.)  When it was time for dinner it was hard for me to find something gluten-free.  We ended up eating at Jimmy Buffet's Bar and Grill.  

After dinner we took a cab down to Fremont Street to see the old Vegas Strip.  It was overwhelming as well.  There was an enormous TV screen which covered several blocks and it was the ceiling of the mall area.  Every hour it played a musical/visual presentation. 



Day 2 did not go so well.  My husband woke up extremely sick.  He did not get out of bed all day.  I ended up walking around Planet Hollywood by myself looking for a drugstore to find him crackers and white soda. 

I did a lot of reading and walking around the resorts close to us. We did not go to our show that night.   


Day 3 was much better.  My husband woke up and was full of energy but we decided to stay close to the hotel just in case that changed. My husband was in Las Vegas a couple years ago and he wanted to show me the mall inside Caesar's Palace.  It was huge and it was decorated like Ancient Greece.  We found a Starbucks there so I was able to get a drink and marshmallow dream bar.  I could not get over the ceilings and the fountains inside the mall.  We decided to eat dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. The staff there was great, they went out of their way to make a meal I could eat.  It was so delicious. The view of the Bellagio fountains across the street was just fabulous.  

Afterwards we went to the Luxor Resort to see the Blue Man Group. This show was a new experience for us as well.  It was so much fun. We also went to see the Bones Exhibit.  My husband thought it was very interesting and I thought it was gross. 


We wanted to go to the Hoover Dam however we had an early show tonight so we decided to walk the other way and see those resorts. We walked down to Treasure Island, which was no big deal, however we found the Venetian Resort.  It looked like Venice, Italy.  It even had little boats and canals outside and inside the mall.  The mall inside the resort was beautiful and there was a huge waterfall and big blue butterflies and flowers.


We walked to the New York Resort because Andrew (my son) said it was amazing. I could not believe how over the top the resorts were. There was a bridge outside and a Statue of Liberty.   In the evening we went to the Bellagio to see Circus S O Show.  This show was absolutely amazing.  There were acrobats, synchronized swimming, high divers and the stage countinuously changed from a flat surface and then into a pool of different depths.  

However I think my favorite part of Las Vegas was our evening walk by the Bellagio fountains.  We found a quiet little bench to sit on and talk and drink our water.  

No comments: