Monday, July 18, 2016

Chicken Waldorf Salad


I know it looks a little bit plain....please let me explain.  If you have read my blog for a bit you may have picked up I have a lot of food issues.  I am not allergic to anything however many, and I do mean the word many, foods make me sick. I am not being fussy and at one time I loved many of the foods that now make me sick.  It was hard to break the habit of eating them. However, I end of with huge cramps and spending hours in the bathroom.  I decided something had to change.  So I, with the help from a nutritionist, have narrowed down my food choices.  I eat somewhere between a SCD and a FODMAP diet combined.  I am able to tolerate at the moment a couple of regular processed products such as coconut milk, kraft mayo with olive oil, and and organic yogurt and some white cheeses, and potato chips (my stand by for everything). However after that I am making everything on my own.

My goal is to develop a new recipe book with meals that I can make that do not make me sick.  Lots of the recipes I need to modify in order to eat them.  My adult children call them "Mom's weird food"  however my loving husband has been eating everything with me. I am sharing them in case someone else is struggling as well.  

This is one of my favorite recipes.  I make this a lot.  I love grilled chicken and it is super easy to throw together in 30 minutes.  I found the original Chicken Waldorf Salad recipe in Danielle Walker's Against All Grain Cookbook and modified it for me.
Keep in mind from the original recipe I could only have three or four items.     

Click Here for a copy of my recipe. 

No comments: