Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Book Review: Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It


I picked up this book because Gretchin Rubin suggested this book in her book, Better Than Before.  It was very informative and far more technical of a read than I prefer.

However I did pick up several important quotes and ideas worth sharing.  

"The one thing we absolutely have to do to get leaner is to lower our insulin levels and secrete less insulin to begin with than we will burn fat!"

"You don't lose fat because you cut calories.....you lose fat because you cut out foods that make you fat!.....carbohydrates!"

source
"You Must Break The Cycle!"

How?????

Stop eating...Pasta, Bagels, Bread, FRENCH FRIES, CHIPS and my personal favorite  SWEETS!

FOR the rest of your life!!

That doesn't seem to leave much left especially if you are me and you already have so many food restrictions.  But I am going to give it my best shot....because if I don't make some changes that I will remain the same.
source



No comments: