Monday, August 21, 2017

A day with my husband and daughter.

My husband, daughter and I have been planning this day for months. Since Hamilton is not playing in our city yet, we knew we had to take a road trip.  So we planned to go to Chicago.  To save a little bit of money and get back home in time for work the next day we decided to go to a matinee.  

Going to a matinee in my opinion, did not take away from the experience.  Hamilton is an amazing play.  At first I wasn't sure I was going to like it because I was told it had rap music, but I really enjoyed the entire production.  The music and story was just wonderful.  I felt it had a bit of history in a humorous and diverse way.   

One of the smart things we did was we purchased our parking pass along with our tickets.  So we had reserved parking when we got to Downtown Chicago.  We didn't have to drive around and try to find a parking space.  That's a big deal when you are not familiar with the city.  We did have a slow drive home because we had to contend with rush hour traffic but once we were out of the city we found a place to eat and a relaxing drive home.  
  
We had a wonderful day together :)

No comments: