Wednesday, November 1, 2017

October Reading Log


I read some really good books this month.  It was really hard for me to pick a favorite because a couple of these books were really good for different reasons.  However when it all came down to it, I read for entertainment and Where'd You Go, Bernadette won that category hands down.  


My favorite book this month is Where'd you Go, Bernadette, by Maria Semple, it is an humorous and exciting audiobook. I enjoyed listening to this book so much.  I laughed so much throughout this story it reminded me so much of many of the interactions and conversations I have with my daughter.  I give this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 stars.  
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay, is an amazing story.  The story alternates between the lives of Sarah a ten year old living in Paris in 1942 and Julia, a mother and wife, living in Paris in 2002.  Sarah's story is heartbreaking and I was completing unaware of this part of history. Julia's story was equally enlightening, it was surprising to me that most french people tend to pretend the round up didn't happen. I give this story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 stars.  
Still Life, was my first Louise Penny book.  I have been reading a lot about the books by Louise Penny on Instagram and I wanted to find out what the hype is all about.  I just loved the characters from Three Pines and Chief Inspector Armand Gamache is adorable.  I am not the only person who wanted to read the book because I signed up on Overdrive to read the book and I was 227 on the wait list so I broke down and purchased the book.  The book was well worth the money, it was a good mystery story, I give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 stars.  


The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson, is a unique and intriguing book. Kitty Miller, the main character, has an amazing bookstore and a great best friend.  However her dreams are starting to take over her life to the point where she is beginning to confuse her real life with her dream life.  This book will keep you on the edge of your seat reading and reading.  I give this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 stars.  
Small Blessings by Martha Woodroof, is just a feel good story.  It was just heartwarming and adorable.  The plot was predictable however I continued to read because I really liked the characters and wanted to read the happy ending.  I give this book ⭐⭐⭐/5 stars.  
I read another, Elin Hilderbrand book, The Rumor, it was a charming story.  The characters were easy to identify with and the plot has several turns in it that kept me reading.  It was a wonderful reminder that friends are truly important people in our lives.  I give this book ⭐⭐⭐/5 stars. 


I read, Eat Pretty Every Day: 365 Daily Inspiration for Nourishing Beauty Inside and Out by Jolene Hart, for my morning reflection this month.  I loved the cover of the book, however I was a bit disappointed with the actual book.  I picked up a few suggestions to improve my living:

  • Little Daily habits become your foundation of your lifestyle, mindset and identity...and this....will add up to dramatic change.  
  • I need to slow down and make time for yourself.  
  • I need to add daily stretching back into my morning routine: it improve circulation and it calms the nervous system.  
  • Eat more veggies and drink more tea!!!!!!
  • Create a new reward system for yourself.
  • Create an indoor garden for peaceful, healthy living.    
I give this book ⭐⭐⭐/5 stars.  

No comments: