Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Welcome 2020! A New Reading Journal




Today is one of my favorite days of the year.  I get to start a new book journal! Yeah!!!
I love starting new notebooks and writing and planning new goals for a new year.  I know a bit weird.  


My main goal for reading in 2020 is to enjoy the books I have already purchased.  
The challenges I picked to participate in all center around my main goal.  



This is my third year participating in the Modern Mrs Darcy Challenge. It is a simple challenge that
encourages me to read books outside my regular genres.  I pick several books I already own and a couple
I just want to read. I have a couple openings if you have suggestions please let me know.



Another favorite buddyread last year was the Newbery Award Winners with @lollipopsandlyrics.  I am looking forward to the new list to come out. I saved a page for the list. 
 I know this sounds strange but I really am excited to see what titles will be on the list.
There are lots of books on Newbery Award list that I want to read.




Next I have my list for the Unreadshelf Challenge with Whitney @unreadshelf. 
Whitney has topics for each month and so I listed some titles. I still have two more titles to pick.
I also have my bookshelf page, I made a page filled with the 56 books I own and I want to read in 2020. 
As if right now I have 286 unread books/audiobooks and I would really like to lower that number before
the end of the year.  


The Rainbow Book Challenge is a fun challenge.   I found the stickers on Etsy at the Peanut Butter Taco shop.  I plan on using the unread books on my shelf for this one as well.  I love looking at colors and
I can not wait to see what colors come together to complete this challenge.


The Great Read Challenge is something I am doing for myself.  I am challenging myself to read one book
from The Great Read from PBS a month.  Last year I only read two titles the whole year. So this year
I made a list of books I want to read.  If you are interested in reading along with me, please let me know
in the comments below or on instragram. If you want a copy of the challenge pages you can get them HERE.


This is a picture of the basic Reading Shelf I use to keep track of the books I am reading.  I just like to know the number.    Filling in the books is fun to me.

No comments: