Sunday, January 5, 2020

Update Taco Seasoning Recipe

One of my personal goals this year is to update my recipe book.  When I first started this blog,  I put together a wonderful resource for myself.  I loved my recipe binder.  I would knew what I was having for dinner each night and I knew what to buy each week.  It was so nice.  But then I started to have a lot of problems with my stomach and I had to try a lot of different kinds of elimination diets.   I have been struggling to organize something for myself.  Needless to say, my recipes are a mess.  I have notes scribbled everywhere.  I know my recipes are not for everyone.  In fact my family says they have little taste, but that happens when you have a lot of food restrictions.  However I am still sharing them in case someone else finds herself/himself in a similar situation and is wondering "What Can I Eat?" 
Image result for free clip art taco images
The last several years I have been using a gluten free taco mix I found on About.com.  The past year I have had to eliminate more foods, in particular onions and garlic.  So I had to modify my Taco Seasoning recipe a bit more.  I found another version of Taco Seasoning on a SCD Recipe, unfortunately I did not write down my source when I wrote down this recipe.   I combined the two recipes together to come up with what I am now using.  ..  I do add green onions to the meat as I cook it.  (I can have green onions.)  This makes several servings so I put it in an old jelly jar and mark the top.  I use this seasoning when I make any kind of tacos or fajitas. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Taco Seasoning

3 tsp salt
3 T chili powder
3 tsp  oregano leaves
4 tsp cornstarch
 3 tsp sugar
1 tsp pepper
1  tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Place in jar and shake up.  Makes about 4/5 servings of mixture.  Store in a cool, dry place.  I use 2 T of mixture with ¾ cup water or chicken broth if you are making chicken tacos. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Print Recipe Here


No comments: