Saturday, March 7, 2020

Creating New Routines


Book 33 Destination Simple Everyday Rituals For a Slower Life
By:  Brooke Mcalary
Genre: Nonfiction

This was a quick short read with some nice reminders to slow down.   I am interested in developing morning and evening routines and there is a whole section about this in this little book.   I enjoyed this book and found several great ideas I want to incorporate into my life now. If you want to read more about my daily routines stop by my blog. I am sharing them here.   

I want to keep things simple in my life.  I don’t want to fill up my morning and evening routines with too many steps.  

The first thing I did was look at my existing steps in my Morning Routine and Evening Routines.  Then I moved things around so it would make sense. I added a few items that I thought would be a good addition, mainly finding time to reflect and read.  I also wanted to add in time to create a list of gratitude. However setting time aside is always a challenge.  

Morning Routine
6:00 Get up/bathroom/brush teeth & hair/meds
Make Bed & Pick up bedroom
Reflect on Schedule
Morning Stretches
6:45 Get dressed & Pack for the gym
8:30 Swim classes

Evening Routine
5:30 Dinner
Clean Kitchen
What do I need for dinner tomorrow?
8:00 Unplug/Review Calendar & Gratitude
Exercise
Wash Up
Reading 
9:30/10ish lights out

The next thing I did was add some times into the schedule.  Of course this is flexible but it is something I hope to do most nights.  Brooke Mcalary suggests in her book that you give the new schedule two weeks.  So that is my plan.  I am also going to see if I can catch some of her podcasts as well.  


No comments: