Sunday, March 1, 2020

Top Ten Books about Books

In January, I posted my top five books about books and some readers thought I was missing some good titles.  So today I am sharing two things with you. My my top ten books in no particular order and the complete list of books about books that I have read.  

I have read many books about books in the past several years.  My interest in this genre rivals historical fiction. I love reading about stories set in bookshops and libraries or with librarians or just avid readers.   When I compiled a list of how many titles I read I realized I read 38 books. That’s just amazing or would you call it obsessive????


84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson
The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald
The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
The Bookshop on the Shore by Jenny Colgan
The Bookshop at Water’s End by Patti Callahan Henry
The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai
By the Book by Julia Sonneborn
Dear Fahrenheit  451 by Annie Spence
The Giver of Stars  by Jojo Moyes
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Harry’s Trees by Jon Cohen
Hope at Christmas by Nancy Naigle
How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry
I’d Rather Be Reading by Ann Bogel
I’d Rather Be Reading  by Guinevere De La Mare
The Library Book by Susan Orlean
The Library at the Edge of the World by Felicity Hayes McCoy
Literary Paris by Nichole Robertson
The Little Bookshop on the Seine by Rebecca Raisin
The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
The Lost for Words Bookshop by Stephanie Butland
Lucy’s Little Village Book Club  
Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan
Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan
Novel Living by Lisa Occhipinti
The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms
The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay  
The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by K. Bivald
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Small Blessings by Martha Woodrooe
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry  by Gabrielle Zevin
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley

If you want to know my thoughts or ratings on these books you can find them in my instagram feed @fruitylemonade.


Now, here is my expanded pile of top ten favorite books. Now I am sure everyones' pile would be slightly different than mine but these are the books that were my favorites. These are also the books I most recommend to other readers. Some of these books I listened to on Audible and loved the book so much I went out and purchased the book so I could have it on my bookshelf. That's how much I loved these books.

84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
The Book Thief by Mark Zusak
The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry  by Gabrielle Zevin
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Giver of Stars  by Jojo Moyes


As of January when I took this picture, I still have A LOT more books to read. Here is a picture of the ones I own and my tbr pile.
I am working on compiling two more lists. I will post them when I finish. I am working on a list of books about books I need to read and middle grade books about books as well. If you have some suggestions that you do not see on my list, please let me know.

Happy Reading! Sue
















No comments: