Sunday, January 17, 2021

Book Review: The Wife Upstairs

 

The Wife Upstairs

By:  Rachel Hawkins

Genre:  Thriller

Thank you to @Netgalley and @macmillan.audio for allowing me to listen to the audiobook of The Wife Upstairs. 

I enjoyed the book so much I ordered it from @BOTM so I could share the book with my friends and family. 

 

This book was published the beginning of January and ever since I have seen lots of well deserved praise. 

This story just drew me in.  I was excited to read it for two reasons:  1.  I heard it compared to Jane Eyre,

which I love, and 2.  This is the January book pick of the #readroversbookclub which I belong to. 


Jane, is a young woman, who is running from her past and has found herself in Birmingham, AL.

She is living paycheck to paycheck walking dogs for the rich residents of the gated community of

Thornfield Estates.  When she can not make ends meet she has to pawn the items she lifts from the homes

of her rich clients.  Oh, and Jane is not her real name. 

 

As Jane is walking dogs, she meets the rich and handsome, Eddie Rochester, who sadly lost his wife in a

mysterious accident.  The whole community is talking about it, his wife and her best friend are missing. 

They are believed to have drowned in a boating accident.  Jane is definitely interested in handsome,

rich Eddie.  

Oh, yes, Eddie is interested in Jane and seems so nice.  He is attentive and listens to all of Jane's stories and showers her with everything she could want.  He even lets her move in and supports her so she doesn’t have to dog walk.  But something they both have is secrets and secrets have a way of catching up.  

This story is a page turner.  You just need to know how it will play out.  And just when you think you have it all figured out, Oh no, there is a twist and more twists.  I give this story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.  It is a wonderful thriller.  


No comments: