Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Book Review : Clean Mama's Guide To A Peaceful Home





Thank you to 
@Netgalley and @Harperonebooks for allowing me to read Clean Mama’s Guide to a Peaceful Home. I enjoyed this e-book so much that I took three pages of notes in my journal of ideas to incorporate into my home.

I love these kinds of books. Books that give suggestions of ways to bring peace, joy and simplicity into my home. I am always looking for ways, routines and shortcuts to help keep things in order in my home. There were so many ideas and take-aways in the Clean Mama's Guide that I have already adopted into my weekly life. First, I started with Five Daily Tasks. Becky had some good recommendations and I think I only modified one for my home. 1) Make bed daily. 2) Walk around the house and do a quick 123 straighten up. 3) Straighten Kitchen & wash the kitchen sink daily. 4) Make sure everything is in the proper place. 5) Do a load of laundry daily. 

Becky also recommends having a weekly cleaning schedule. I am working on developing a schedule that works for me and my priorities but I definitely like the idea. The book has so many great suggestions for cleaning the house including recipes for homemade, environmentally friendly cleaners.  I've been using the one for the kitchen sink for two weeks and my sink just shines.  

Another thing I liked about this book is that Becky suggests ways to include and teach your children how to help maintain the order in the house. A happy mama = a happy family and if everyone works together life will be so much better.  Especially these days when we are spending so much time together.  

If you are looking for a book with practical ideas to help with household cleaning and maintenance, then this is the book you want!! It came out at the beginning of 2021 so you can find it now in the bookstores. I highly recommend this book. 

No comments: