Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Book Review: The Bookshop of Second Chances

 


📷:Background Photo from PicMonkey



Thank you to @NetGalley and @randomhouse Publishing Group Ballantine for allowing me to preview this book.  

I love reading books that are set in small town bookshops and libraries. Now add some tea and romance and you have a wonderful story.  

In The Bookshop of Second Chances, Thea’s marriage falls apart and she loses her job.  Her life is looking pretty

hopeless until she inherits a house in Scotland. There she meets some new friends and finds a new job with a

grumpy man named Edward.  They form a friendship as they work side by side in the bookshop sharing book jokes

and quotes throughout the day and this eventually leads to a relationship.  However, with any new relationship there

are a lot of obstacles.   


What I liked about the story is Thea isn’t trying to find a new boyfriend.  She is really looking for new friends and

trying to put her life back in order.  Thea tries to start each day positive and make the day good for her.   What

didn’t work for me in the book was Edward.  His life up to Thea was so bizarre and then he just seemed so

attentive with caring with Thea.  I would say this is a ⭐️⭐️⭐️ star read for me.  I liked this book.  


Happy Reading, Sue

No comments: