Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

My family loves muffins.....especially banana chocolate chip muffins.  


My old recipe had 1/3 cup butter-flavored crisco in it.  Basically  LARD!!! 


......Not very healthy....... 


 I found a recipe in a Betty Crocker Bisquick Cookbook that I have  changed a bit so my boys can still have the banana chocolate chip muffins and I can feel a little bit better about serving muffins to them.  






They must love them because they didn't even noticed I change recipes and there are never muffins left in the basket.  :)  


2 1/4 cups Health Smart Bisquick Mix
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
3-4 very ripe bananas mashed
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup chocolate chips


1.  Heat oven to 350.  Spray the muffin pan.


2.  Stir everything together in a large bowl with a spoon.


3.  Bake in oven about 17 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. 


4.  Cool ten minutes and then remove from pan and cool some more. 


5.  Enjoy  :)

No comments: