French Breakfast Muffins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line with muffin liners
2. In a meduim mixing bowl, stir together:
- flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Stir together in another bowl:
- egg, milk, 1/3 cup melted butter.
4. Add egg mixture to flour mixture....stir until just moistened...batter may be lumpy
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile .... combine 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon.
When muffins are finished baking, dip tops of muffins in the melted butter, and then in the sugar mixture.
This time I followed the directions.....next time I plan on trying to vary the directions and see if they taste the same. I want to try it with less butter and I want to substitute the nutmeg and use vanilla instead.
Also at All Recipes, it suggests that you add fruit to the muffins as well. So I may try that as well.