Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Family

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July......

I had hoped to show you what I did for the 4th......but.....we packed up our food and went to the retirement home to share a picnic with my in-laws.

Sorry no time for pictures.....it was quite an adventure trying to find a place to warm up to brats and trying to get grandma to wake up to join us......and lot of alarms.

When everything settled down we have a great time......and grandma really seemed to enjoy being outside in the garden area.


One good tip I would like to share is that I did make about 10 jars of lemonade and put them in large mason jars (recycled jars from spaghetti sauce.)   I put them in the freezer for about two hours prior to leaving and the lemonade stayed cold in the cooler for the entire time.   It made it easy to pass out  the lemonade to the boys and easy to clean up as well.  My son's friend said is was just like being at Cracker Barrel.....I haven't been there in years......there is not one near our house.


image from Pinterest.....i tried to link correctly but could not find the original site  ......   sorry :(
My family picture taken at Grandpa and Grandma 65th Wedding Anniversary Party in June.

No comments: