Friday, July 20, 2012

Be Real


Sometimes organizing can be a lot of fun, you know like when you can buy some colorful baskets or wicker baskets.  However, this week's organizing project was REAL and FREE.

No colorful baskets  :(

No wicker baskets from Target   :(
Just a boring piece of wood made into a shelf.

For 18 years I have been keeping my clothes in this armoire, or as we like to call it "The Coffin."    I will not get into how I would love to paint it, because my husband HATES painted wood.  So I will settle for just organizing it.

It had two shelves on the top, and my clothes where falling all over the place.  So I took the shelf out of the bottom of the cabinet and put it on the top.  That made the top of the cabinet look really nice.
However that left the bottom looking like this...

Next, I begged my husband for days and days to cut me a piece of wood to fit in the bottom of the cabinet.  Then we stained and put a couple coats of varnish on it.  Then I had to beg Mike for two days to put it inside the cabinet for me because I have a fractured elbow.
Looks better .............. and best part of the project is that I used wood, stain and varnish that we already had so this project did not cost anything.   There is nothing fancy about this project, but it is important to remember that organizing has nothing to do with spending money.  Anybody can organize with the supplies they have.  Organizing does not have to be fancy it just needs to be simple and so your life is easy.  

No comments: