Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 20 & 21 Organizing Family Photos


“What a gift of grace to be able to take the chaos from within and from it create some semblance of order.”
Katherine Patterson

This quote sums up my goal for 2013, to take the chaos of my family photos, you know all the projects I always say I am gonna do, but never do, and create some order. 

I started the first step already.  I wrote each year of our life together on file folders 1984-2012 and sorted all our pictures.  We have pictures everywhere. 

When I was cleaning out the bookcases I found more pictures.  I decided to organize all the pictures in one location. 

I found these cute canvas bins at Target and divided the folders up in them. 
 I put some labels on the front so I can easily find the years when filing.   

I still have one more pile of photos to sort through.   This will have to be a two day project.   
I am really excited to get started on this photo project because I know when I finish the project it will be a real treasure.  It will be a collection where each photo will have it's own story/memory.  It will be an amazing collection of my life story.  I am still deciding if I should start at the beginning or at the present and work backwards.  However,  I do know I need to start.  

No comments: