Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday


Ash Wednesday

Today is the first day of Lent.  I would really like to say that I have spent my day reflecting and praying about what I would like to do this Lent to be a better Christian.  However it is all I can do to get ready for Valentines Day tomorrow in Kindergarten.  It has taken me three days to create my valentines for my little kinders and I can barely do anything else.

So now it is bedtime and I am forcing myself to take a few minutes to just reflect.  I need to take a few minutes each day to think and prayer during Lent. 

Small Acts of Love is my focus this year.  So I am trying hard to stay with that each day.   I am not writing my intentions here to brag about what I am doing, I am writing my intentions here to help me reflect and record what I am doing so that I can come back and reread next year.

As I start my Lenten Journey I want to share with you this quote from the Bible:  Mark 12:28-30

You shall LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

This is what I want to work on each day during Lent.  Showing my LOVE for God through my heart, soul and mind and believe me it will take all my strength.

I wanted to share with you a healthy dinner each day.  I did eat some what healthy today.  I had cheese, pepper, onions, and olives  on my pizza for dinner.  It is not a new recipe you can find it here on my site.   


No comments: