Monday, November 25, 2013

Mission Organize My Life -- Day 20 Jewelry Organization

Jewelry Organization has been a struggle for me.  I haven’t come up with an amazing idea that works for me yet. 


Last year I tried to create this board to hold my earrings and necklaces.  It was better than my old system however I still had two problems with it:
1.     I didn’t like all my stuff just hanging up in my bedroom it reminded me of a garage sale.  It is the first thing I see when I go to bed and when I wake up.
2.    The earrings did not always stay where they belonged.  They fell to the ground.   That make it not very functional.  


Clearly I needed to change this system.  At first I thought I would buy a large jewelry box, however I just couldn’t seem to spend that kind of money.

So when my daughter started to rearrange her room I picked up some of her leftover furniture and now I am trying to make the best of it.  She didn’t want these bookcases or this old dresser.


I stacked the bookcases to store my boots, scarves and necklaces.  Unfortunately they are still out in the room, however this is the guest room and it does not bother me so much.  I just used 3m hooks for now.  I am still deciding if I like this.  I think it is better than spending money on something new. 



I am using the old dresser to store my earrings, bracelets, purses, sandals, and toilet paper.  I hope to paint the bookcase WHITE during Christmas vacation. Then I am going to recover the drawers and put new handles on it.  I am hoping it just needs some love.   

No comments: