Sunday, December 29, 2013

My 13 Favorite Things of 2013

My Favorites of
2013
This has been a difficult year for me and you can tell just looking at me.  I gained back most of the weight I lost last year.  I have piles of work to do everywhere.  I just don’t seem to have the time to do the things I enjoy.  I spend a lot of my time working and maintaining the house.


My Favorite Font:
                  Hello Asparagus

My Favorite Book:
                  The Rhythm of Life  By:  Matthew Kelly

This book has been guiding my decisions this year to work towards becoming The Best Version of Myself!

My Favorite TV Show:
                  The Good Wife

My Favorite Restaurant:
                  Cooper’s Hawk

My Favorite Dish to cook at home:
                  Chicken and Spinach Florentine (I found it on the back of the Minute Brown Rice Box.)

My Favorite Blog to read:
                  I have two must reads!
·      I heart organizing
·      zen habits

My Favorite Project of the Year
                  My Laundry Room (I’ll write more on it later.)



My Favorite Organizing Project:
The Basement Storage Area is Cleaned and Organized!

My Favorite News of the Year
This was an amazing year for family news. 
First in February my second son proposed to his girlfriend.


Second in November my oldest son and his wife announced that they are expected their first child.  Which means, we are going to be grandparents for the first time. 


Both these big events take place in May 2014!

My New Favorite Place to Vacation:  The Grand Tetons
 I loved this little cabin we stayed at.  It had red checked curtains, my favorite.  We also saw a bear here as we walked to breakfast.


My Favorite Memory from Yellowstone:
 This Bison was tearing apart the tree.  It was amazing to watch him.  Then he turned and ran down the road.  I was thankful he didn't want to mess with the cars. 


My Favorite Picture that I took:
I took this picture at the school house where Laura Ingalls Wilder taught.  It was interesting to see the little bit of supplies she had to teach with and the little bit of heat.


My Favorite New Experience I hope to do again:
I went to an art class with my daughter and I enjoyed it a lot.



No comments: