Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Favorites -- July 3


This week I am searching for ideas for what we can do when we go to Michigan in two weeks.  We are heading to Traverse City.  Our main reason for going is to drop our daughter off at her friend's house, however I know it is a beautiful place.  My husband and I are not the time to sit around and enjoy the view and read.  OK, maybe I would do that, but my husband would never sit still. So I need to find some activities for us to do.

Our number one thing to do is ride our bikes. There are some great bike paths.  The longest one is the Leelanau Trail which is 17 miles.  I hope we have nice weather because it sounds like a great path.  
source
We love to stop at Winery's.  Black Star Farms was named Michigan's best Winery so I think it is worth stopping at.   There is also a restaurant so it may be a nice lunch or dinner spot.   
source
There is shop in town that looks like a cute place to stop. It sells pretty much anything CHERRIES, Cherry Republic.
source
At the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park I found another bike path.  Yeah!   This one is 27 miles.  We can stop and see the dunes while we are there as well.  
source



  

1 comment:

Mary Jane said...

I don't need to remind you of Mackinac Island, do I? Ride that bike around the island for an 8-mile warm-up! :-)