Saturday, July 4, 2015

Repurposed Baskets

Source

I am always looking for little projects that improve our space even a little bit.  I especially enjoy the project if I can make the improvement without spending money.  
This is the bottom shelf of my craft closet.  I purchased the clear containers at Target because I thought it would be nice to see what is in them.  However it makes the shelves look cluttered and unorganized.  So I decided to put the things in white baskets. The problem is I need to purchase the white baskets.

As I was exercising Monday I spied these baskets laying in our overflow area.....You know the space where you put things that no longer have a home in your house.
The problem with the baskets is that they don't match.  Yes I like my things to match.  I think the shape of the baskets is perfect for for the shelves.  I decided to spray paint the baskets white.  I wasn't sure if you could spray paint baskets.....and 
  it turns out you can.  Now I just need to buy one basket.  I think this give a cleaner look.  



No comments: