Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Gift 2 -- Another Snow Storm


Gift 2 – Another Snow Storm

Living in Wisconsin has a lot of advantages……snow is not one of them. 


Don’t get me wrong I like snow as long as I can stay inside and sip hot chocolate and look out the front window.  However I do not want to go out in it and I certainly do not want to shovel it.  

Early on in our marriage I made it clear I hate shoveling.  Luckily for me we had three boys that would always help their dad.  Unfortunately those wonderful boys have moved out and it’s just the two of us.  I gently remind my husband if he really wants me to shovel and cut the grass then I think we should move to a condo.  I would love to move to a condo with underground parking. 

Today we got about 4 inches of snow and it was a heavy snow.   I knew my husband had a busy night so I tried my best to shovel the driveway as my gift for him.  To be honest with my bad back I only made it through half the driveway.  I took two breaks but I just couldn’t finish.  I was bummed about that.  However when my husband came home he seemed pleasantly surprised at my efforts.  It only took him a few minutes to finish up and then we had a few minutes to have dinner together before he had to leave again. 


No comments: