Monday, July 11, 2016

Beef and Pepper Stir Fry




One of my goals this year and the past two years is to get my recipe book in order.  I had an awesome book several years ago and I loved cooking from it.  I had at least fourteen weeks worth of different recipes that we enjoyed eating.  However the past two/three years after several different illnesses, I have gone through some major changes when it comes to food.  I hate to say it but I think food and I have come to a crossroad of sorts.  As long as I eat gluten free, mainly dairy free, citrus free and avoid a lot of other foods I seem to feel OK. Every once in a while I have some stomach issues or heartburn. So I am starting to put together new binder of sorts....one with recipes that I can actually eat without getting sick.



My goal is to share one recipe a week. Some of the recipes I may have already shared however I have had to tweak them so I don't get sick.  The most important lessons I have learned is just because it is ok for someone else to eat does not mean it is ok for me and once I get sick it lasts for 48 hours.   

My first recipe I want to share is my favorite and a very easy dinner to make, Beef and Pepper Stir Fry.  This is my go to meal each week it takes me about 30 minutes to make this meal.  The more gluten free soy sauce you add the juicier it will be.  My husband likes to add sesame seeds or those crunchy Chinese noodle things.  I found this recipe years ago in an magazine.  Sorry I don't remember which one.   
Click Here to print a copy

No comments: