Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September Reading Log

I was able to read four books this month.  I am really enjoying my new morning ritual of reading while eating eating breakfast and lunch.  My biggest problem has been at lunch time I tend to get lost in the book and forget to do my other responsibilities.  Oops. 

My rating system:
5 Stars =  Amazing  A book I could not put down nor could I stop talking about it.  I recommend this book to everyone I know. 
4 Stars = A wonderful book  A book that I couldn't wait to read.  I would rather read this book than watch TV.  I would recommend this book to certain people depending on their reading habits.  
3 Stars = A great book  A book I enjoyed reading during my reading time.  Generally I struggle to get into the book at the beginning but once I am half way through the book I can't wait to finish it. I may or may not recommend this book.
2 Stars = A good book  A book I struggled to read but yet I wanted to know what happen next or wanted to know how it ended.  I probably will not recommend this book to anyone. 
1 Star = A book I did not enjoy  This is a book I probably did not finish or if I did I wish I didn't waste my time reading.   

The Nest
I really struggled with this book.  I know this was on the New York Times Best Seller List however I did not like all the unnecessary details in the story. If the author would have just stuck to developing the characters of the Plumb family I think the story would have been better.  I would give this book 2 stars.   

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
This book was pretty interesting.  I enjoyed the style that it was written in...letter form.  It was easy to read a little bit and just right back in later.  I really liked that the author stuck to the main characters and developed the story around them.  It had a very interesting facts and information about an English island during WWII.  I would give this book 3 stars.  

Silver Girl
This is a great book to read for just relaxing.  It was a interesting story with a enough of a problem to keep me interested. I wanted to know how the characters solved and worked through their problems.  I would give this book 3 stars.
  
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
I enjoyed this book a lot.  It was hard to put it down I felt that I wanted to know more throughout the whole book.  Francie Nolan is the main character and the book spans throughout her life and explains the world and family around her.  I thought is was very interesting. 4 stars

No comments: